Re: FFSv2 log option with SD card

On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 09:36:21 +1100
MJ <mafsys1234%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> So, basically physical memory plus the erase pools mean there may be
> N*2 physical addresses for writing data but only N logical addresses.
> This means it has a choice where to write to and it will choose not
> to constantly write to the same location.

I had a look on wikipedia and it talks about static and dynamic wear
leveling approaches. It seems that if you have data in memory cells
that is not overwritten often, it can relocate this date to other cells
and re-use the original cells for writing new data. This way, all cells
get the same amount of use.