Re: FFSv2 log option with SD card

On 22/02/2020 7:24 pm, Sad Clouds wrote:
On Sat, 22 Feb 2020 11:37:35 +1100
MJ <mafsys1234%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

On 22/02/2020 4:28 am, Sad Clouds wrote:
Hi, is it advisable to NOT enable log option for FFSv2 that resides
on SD card due to flash memory wearing out in those regions, or
does it make no practical difference because of built-in wear
levelling?

How long's a piece of string?

Wear levelling just evens out the wear... surprise. It doesn't
account for the overall wear.
Well the SD card contains a general purpose file system, so I'm
expecting some wear on it as data is written over time (normal desktop
computer use). I wasn't sure if FFSv2 logging would significantly
shorten the life span. But I'm guessing it may not be such a big issue
for quite a few years.

If you're asking has there been a definitive study on FFS + logging shortening the life of an SD card; then I would say no.

They're so cheap, except perhaps industrial ones, that it's not a problem to replace them every year anyway just to be safe; environmental waste not withstanding.