Re: Problems with C++ compiler on 9.0_RC2

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 11:01:37AM +0100, Marc Baudoin wrote:
> I believe only C++ programs using pthread fail.  I don't know how
> to do a minimal example but the easiest way to see the problem is
> to compile pkgsrc/multimedia/libvpx (which doesn't have too many
> dependencies).

Here is a trivial reproducer:

--8<--
#include <memory>
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
        cout << "hello world\n";
        return 0;
}
-->8--

Compile with c++ and watch it fail as you described.

The original compilation was done with -std=c++11, but that does not seem
to matter here.

The failure (at least with above test) does not happen in -current, nor
when installing 9.0_RC2 from scratch.

Martin