Re: EC2 AMIs

On 2020-W05-6 14:06 -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Looking at https://wiki.netbsd.org/amazon_ec2/amis/,
> it looks like the latest release of NetBSD available
> for AWS EC2 is NetBSD 7.0.
>
> It'd be really useful if we could integrate the build
> of AWS marketplace AMIs into the release process to
> ensure the availabiity of up to date releases.
>
> Many other open source operating systems include in
> their release announcements the AMI IDs for the
> popular architectures, which makes it significantly
> easier for newcomers to try out the OS.
>
> Do we have docs on how the current AMIs are built?
> Perhaps we can build on those.
>
> -Jan

Hello,

Have you seen http://wiki.netbsd.org/amazon_ec2/build_your_own_ami/ ?

However, it doesn't seem to be up-to-date, because it's missing
any mention of http://bxr.su/n/etc/rc.d/resize_root , for example,
but that's still a pretty good starting point.

BTW, I'm not too sure whether or not http://bxr.su/n/distrib/utils/embedded/files/resize_disklabel
is also required, because resize_root is merely a wrapper around http://mdoc.su/n/resize_ffs.8 .

http://wiki.netbsd.org/amazon_ec2/ also mentions http://www.netbsd.org/~ryoon/ena/how-to-create-ami-for-aws-c5.txt ,
which has NetBSD 8.99.28, but doesn't seem to be related to the existing AMIs from wiki otherwise.

Cheers,
Constantine.					http://cm.su/