Attacking at points 1-4 are all easier and more rewarding, and they are all left unsolved in your world.

And any attack at points 1-4 will go undetected by a check at point 5.

  Johnny

On 2020-01-31 11:08, Johnny Billquist wrote:
On 2020-01-31 10:25, yarl-baudig%mailoo.org@localhost wrote:
That's exactly the answer I was waiting and hoping for. Thank you.

I'll follow tech-pkg from now on. Packages must be signed.

And with that signature, you know that what you got from the server was not tampered with during transport to you, which is the same thing https would give you. And which still means you have no idea if the software is sane, proper, does what you think, or hasn't been tampered with.

   Johnny