Re: How do you set $PS1 on /bin/ksh

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 07:05:29PM +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 18:57, Robert Elz <kre%munnari.oz.au@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > There are a zillion different things called ksh, I'm not
> > sure which version OpenBSD have as ksh
>
> Strangely enough, both OSes report exactly the same version:
>
> KSH_VERSION='@(#)PD KSH v5.2.14 99/07/13.2'

That's because both are based on that version of pdksh. mksh is based on
OpenBSD's ksh, not the other way around if I recall correctly.

There was a flurry of activity on the OpenBSD side of the fence some
time ago, when things these (backslash escapes for prompts) were added.
(Actually, looking at it in CVS, that was 16 years ago now.  Time
flies.)

--
Andreas (Kusalananda) Kähäri
SciLifeLab, NBIS, ICM