Re: Devices without power management support: dm0 dm1 (LVM / Device Mapper prevents ACPI Sleep State 3)

mp%petermann-it.de@localhost (Matthias Petermann) writes:

>     [ 51617,201400] Devices without power management support: dm0 dm1
>     [ 51617,201400] acpi0: autoconfiguration error: aborting suspend

>Is this problem known, or is it worth drilling deeper here? My first
>thought was - it can only be an accident. A logical layer like LVM
>doesn't have to be interested in power management.

The driver needs to register with the power management, even when it
doesn't need power management functionality itself.

Many drivers just provide such a fake registration to allow suspend
but it's unclear whether that's safe.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost