Re: disklabel generating wrong fstype

On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 12:48:37AM -0500, MLH wrote:
> I have been using fuse-exfat to read large sdcards for some time
> and it has worked great. I have what appears to be three identical
> 128G Samsung sdcards. Two of them mount fine, the third doesn't.

These are not real disklabels, but "faked" up from other information found
on the disk. You can verify with

	disklabel -r sd0

which should tell you there is no real label on it.

The kernel generates the fake one usually from the MBR, which you can
view with

	fdisk sd0

and I guess there you will see a difference.

Now to fix it you can use fdisk and change the MBR partition type, or you can
write a real disklable to the card and switch the type there. As soon as a
real disklabel is present, the kernel will stop generating fictious ones.

Martin