Re: Xorg from Base or pkgsrc - recommendations?

On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 06:46:58PM +0000, nia wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 04, 2020 at 04:20:42PM +0000, maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 09:58:29PM +0100, Matthias Petermann wrote:
> > > The pkgsrc version led to segmentation faults on my Thinkpad X220 with Intel
> > > graphics, while the version from NetBSD worked without any problems.
> >
> > I think that xf86-video-intel on pkgsrc needs to be updated to the
> > latest git. Intel stopped doing releases for it.
> >
> > Additionally it has some undefined behaviour that clang strongly
> > disapproves of, we are patching it in base.
> >

> Isn't pkgsrc x using the modesetting driver on x86 and arm now?
> I copied the patches from xsrc that cause it to be matched.

The xsrc patches should still prefer intel over modesetting.
It was a good choice since GLAMOR doesn't work on base xsrc, so
modesetting is dramatically worse. I suspect it works better with pkgsrc
xorg.

I'm not sure. The Intel people said the modesetting driver might be the
way to go. If GLAMOR works you can remove the intel driver from the
build to get the same effect.