Re: pkgtools/plist-utils and red-black tree implementations

Le 2020-01-01 18:32, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
On 01.01.2020 18:26, Frédéric Fauberteau wrote:
Hi,

I tried to build pkgtools/plist-utils on FreeBSD and I got:
plist_tree.c:37:10: fatal error: 'sys/rbtree.h' file not found
#include <sys/rbtree.h>
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
*** Error code 1

I found that OpenBSD (and FreeBSD too) provides sys/tree.h that contains
a red-black tree implementation. Actually, NetBSD also provides
sys/tree.h and then two red-black tree implementations.

Is there relevent differences between these implementations
(sys/rbtree.h vs sys/tree.h)?

Could plist-utils use sys/tree.h in order to work on FreeBSD/OpenBSD?

I think it would be easier to add compat rbtree for those systems and
ideally use libnbcompat.

If you would like to rewrite it to sys/tree.h, feel free to do so.

Thanks for this suggestion. I think libnbcompat is an interesting perspective.