Re: No HDMI output on Lenovo V145, NetBSD 8.0

Hello Mayuresh,

Mayuresh writes:
> [...]
> Now I have another lenovo laptop[1] that boots fine using the same stick
> but for HDMI not showing any output.
>
> $ uname -a
> NetBSD asusnetbsd 8.0 NetBSD 8.0 (GENERIC) #0: Tue Jul 17 14:59:51 UTC
> 2018  mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC
> amd64 x86_64 AMD 686-class NetBSD
>
> Please the following dmesg message, also let me know if I should grep for
> more:
>
> $ dmesg  | grep -i hdmi
> hdafg0: HDMI00 2ch: Digital Out [Jack]
>
> [...]

The complete dmesg could be helpful, in particular I would grep for (via
`grep -E'):

 (drm|intelfb|radeon|nouveau)

(to be on the safe side, please share it entirely if you can).

> HDMI cable is connected right from boot time and it shows nothing during
> boot. I don't think it's an X11 matter. But just in case it matters I am
> using native X11 and xrandr shows:
>
> $ xrandr
> xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
> Screen 0: minimum 1366 x 768, current 1368 x 768, maximum 1368 x 768
> default connected 1368x768+0+0 0mm x 0mm
>    1366x768       0.00
>    1368x768       0.00*
>
> Would appreciate help to get this work.
> [...]

Can you please share /var/log/Xorg.0.log after X.org is started?