Re: Strange behaviour on PCEngines APU2

Greg Troxel wrote:
Staffan Thomén<duck%shangtai.net@localhost>  writes:

I recently got a PCEngines APU2 (not sure of the exact model) to
replace my failing Soekris gateway

As Joseph taught Eliza to say, many others have the same sorts of
feelings.

Except that my net5501 was fine, just slow, and I got an apu2d4.

Yeah, my net6501 started to exhibit a well known fault (the "Red LED of Death") where it doesn't get as far as the bios when booting "warm" (once running it would keep running though). You can still use the +++ command on the serial console to get to the uManager when it is in this state, but it has to cool down for a couple of hours unplugged before it'd boot back up again.

Someone on the Internet(tm) claimed that replacing two caps near the power connector helped, but that didn't solve the problem on mine.

Anyway, I found what was causing the issue, if not how. I have a telldus tellstick 433MHz "home automation" controller connected via USB to the system, and removing it completely cleared the problem. The APU has been running for several days now without issue.

However I really would like to be able to control my lights...

Normally the tellstick would attach as a uftdi device with an ucom, but because the controlling daemon uses libftdi I've disabled those and it's attached as an ugen device.

There was also a problem communicating with it when it attached using ehci, disabling ehci made it connect through an uhub attached to xhci and it started to work. Apparently something isn't working right though, but I don't know any knobs to twiddle here.

The device was working flawlessly on the soekris.

Any suggestions?