Re: Netbsd Zabbix 8.0 8.1

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 09:26:29PM +0100, freebsd%tango.lu@localhost wrote:
>> Just WTF? Same goes on with mytop and other not that common packages. Can't
>> you create a decent binary set for all your repos?
>
> The binary pkgs are perfectly fine, the question is if pkg_add should be
> less restrictive by default in this case (and opinions on that differ).

Does anybody really believe

  pkg_add should fail to add an 8.0 package on an 8.1 machine?

we have a rule that 8.0 and 8.1 are ABI compatible.

I can see the point that osabi is perhaps bigger than what's covered by
the rule, and that one might want to be more careful, but I don't see
that it's helpful to users to fail by default on a mismatch within a
stable branch.