Re: Window Managers / Desktops

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 21:14:24 +0000 (UTC)
Clay Daniels <clays.shell%SDF.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> My question is what x11 desktop / window manager would anyone recommend?

Hi!

 o Openbox with no desktop (my current setup)
 o ratpoison (I never used it, but I have used either i3, or ion -I forgot- in University. )

Also, a year ago :

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2018/09/05/msg021348.html

To the slowness : Did you compile it yourself ?
The default has debug features on (the debug symbols at least?)

After I would also check that your graphics flow unhindered:

===8<===8<===

germ$ glxinfo
name of display: localhost:10.0
display: localhost:10  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes <- What I call unhindered

Kindest regards,

Germain

--
Germain Le Chapelain <germain.lechapelain%lanvaux.fr@localhost>