Re: netbsd-9 build failed

Thanks for all your kind responses.
I shall reply all at once.

* Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost> wrote:
> BTW adding -r to your build.sh invocation empties DESTDIR. (Make sure it
> isn't / ;-) )

Recent build was already succeeded. But it is very strange. Let me explain.
Start from the beginning.

In my 1st update from netbsd-8 to netbsd-9 what I exactly did were...
# rm -rf /usr/obj
# rm -rf /usr/tools
# setenv CVS_RSH ssh
# setenv CVSROOT anoncvs%anoncvs.NetBSD.org@localhost:/cvsroot
# cd /usr
# cvs checkout -r netbsd-9 -P src
# cd src
# ./build.sh -r -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -u distribution
I think it's a very clean build (distribution).
Isn't it enough?

After the 1st update, I only do ...
# cd /usr/src
# cvs update -Pd
# ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -u distribution
to build distribution.

Last two week, I encountered this kind of error.
I removed ALL contents in destdir to fix the problem.
And build succeeded.

Yesterday, I encountered this problem again.
I removed ALL contents in destdir leaving the directory empty,
then re-build but it still failed.

Today, I removed only specific files causing errors.
Then do cvs update -Pd again. Some patches applied.
Build succeeded.
I don't exactly know what happened.
I'm not sure if new patches relate.

Lastly,
% uname -a
NetBSD sirius 9.0_BETA NetBSD 9.0_BETA (GENERIC) #17: Wed Sep 18 22:15:58 +07 2019  root@sirius:/usr/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64

17th build already (kernel)

Thanks,

--
Gua Chung Lim

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system,
but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie