Re: How to determine supported languages in a particular installation of gcc?

From Thomas Dickey:

> I'd compile a sample program using the "-x" option, for the given language, and check for error status.

  -x <language>            Specify the language of the following input files.
                           Permissible languages include: c c++ assembler none
                           'none' means revert to the default behavior of
                           guessing the language based on the file's extension.

That does not answer my question!

-x (language) only works for c, c++ and assembler and is only for how an input file is treated.

Question was how to determine what languages were supported by a particular gcc.  Gcc is capable of supporting other languages besides C, C++ and assembler, including Objective C, Objective C++, Ada, Go, Java, Fortran, D (any others?).  But building gcc to support all those languages is not a trivial task.

Tom