Re:

I just did a quick test of 8.99.51 amd64 from yesterday (self-built, but with no changes) to see how the EFI/GPT installation works using the latest sysinstall (good work, Martin). This was done under VirtualBox, using a newly created NetBSD/amd64 VM with EFI enabled.

Everything worked as it should for me this time, I didn't have to resort to manual creation of the GPT partitions etc. as described elsewhere. Even pkgin setup worked first time (I have a local pkgin repo using either ftp or nfs, the test was using ftp).

On my present laptop I have been running NetBSD in EFI mode for quite some time, but the installation was manual, following the sequence described in the post about NetBSD on EFI.  It is on a secondary disk, shared with instances of OpenSUSE/tumbleweed, RedHat 7.6 (the upgrade to 8.0 failed, so I reverted), and one GPT partition for some Windows data. The primary disk is also GPT, but it holds only Windows 10.

--
----