Re: GPT boot, again

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 05:46:31PM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> > You may want to use rwd2d instead of rdk2
>
> What is the rationale? I expect that to destroy the GPT.

There are various architectures that write the boot record to the disk,
not the NetBSD root partition. I can never remember which one needs what,
sorry for the confusion.

But "gpt biosboot" should already handle everything needed at the disk level,
and there is nothing else that the bios should require to recognize the disk
as bootable.

Martin