Re: Native X (8.1/amd64) crashing with gvim-gtk3

On Tue, 23 Jul 2019, John D. Baker wrote:

> Sometimes it will survive its initial encounter with 'gnumeric', but
> will crash much later.  As I use 'gnumeric' regularly, it's difficult
> to test whether it will crash without that trigger.

Another interesting feature:  Once it has crashed and been re-launched
by 'xdm' (or another display manager?) it will usually be trivial to
make it crash right away running the trigger application.

After it crashes, only a full reboot of the machine will make it less
likely to crash upon launching/using the trigger application.  It seems
the later in the session the trigger application is launched, the more
likely it will survive the initial trigger and take longer before it
crashes, but it will eventually crash.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD