Re: boot.cfg and autoconf

On Thursday 2019-07-11 14:51 +0200, leot%NetBSD.org@localhost output:
:Hello Rocky!
:
:Rocky Hotas writes:
:> [...]
:> I tried to install NetBSD 8.1 in a (not so new) desktop pc and for some
:> reason the nouveau(4) driver creates a kernel panic.
:> If at boot I choose option 5 ("Drop to boot prompt"), and then type
:>
:> userconf disable nouveau
:> userconf disable nouveaufb
:> boot
:>
:> NetBSD 8.1 is able to perform an ordinary boot, till the login prompt. I
:> would like to automatically perform this configuration.
:> Following the EXAMPLES section in boot.cfg(5), I added the following
:> line to my boot.cfg:
:>
:> userconf=disable nouveau nouveaufb
:>
:> but it doesn't work (as if I didn't modify the file at all).
:> What is the correct syntax?
:> [...]
:
:IIRC every userconf command should be in their separate line.
:Can you please try to split the userconf= line in two userconf= lines in
:boot.cfg, i.e.:
:
: userconf=disable nouveau
: userconf=disable nouveaufb

Hi,
my /boot.cfg has it all on one line:

	menu=Boot normally:userconf disable radeon;userconf disable nouveau*;rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot

Regards,
Geoff