FFSv1 (UFS1) vs FFSv2 (UFS2)

Hello,

I was assuming (don't know why) that when newfs(8)'ing a partition with
more than 1To, the format would be, automatically FFSv2, FFSv1 being
the default otherwise.

Dumpfs(8) is a bit confusing since the superblock are said to be FFSv2,
while the filesystem is identified as FFSv1. So I gather that, having
not explicitely requested UFS2, it is UFS1 nonetheless.

The question is: is there any problem to have a more than 1To partition
with FFSv1? Or is FFSv2 "simply" fastest, specially when using newfs,
and not trying to be smart with cylinders and grouping?

If the partition is more than 2To, will the FFSv1 be unable to access
some blocks?

TIA,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/