Re: current transaction too big to flush

kab00m%lich.phys.spbu.ru@localhost (Dima Veselov) writes:

>Maybe I need to create PR, but here might be a
>person already met the situation of kernel panic
>on big file operation. When I try to delete several
>files (from 1 to 8 Gb at once) from net/transmission
>interface I get kernel panic like this:

>panic: wapbl_flush: current transaction too big to flush

Yes, that's a known problem.

You might increase the journal size to allow for larger transactions
with the tunefs command. But there is still a limit that you could
hit.

>I also have question about dumping: kernel can't
>do dump on panic:

>dumping to dev 168,2 (offset=4278362, size=515454):
>dump device bad

>Why it is bad if it work as a swap normally?

"device bad" means an ENXIO error from the device driver.
There could be several reasons for that, but I'd guess
that the partition isn't typed as "swap" or "raid".

The swap code ignores the type, but the dump code does not.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost