Re: bozohttpd .htpasswd basic auth being non recursive

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 10:45:08PM -0400, Matt Sporleder wrote:
>    Apache runs in well under 1MB and does all of this stuff and more.
>    I wrote the original version of this if the default config freaks you out
>    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HTTPD/Minimal+Config
>    Don’t use .htaccess

I'd also prefer a minimal configuration. The benchmark is bozo has no conf
file at all. Alternatives that have conf file, should have it at least
very small.

Wondering choosing 1 of the 2 ways:

- Use .htpasswd (basic auth) with some other webserver (apatch/lighttpd/?)
  that allows recursive .htpasswd or other means to avoid password
  dialogue popping up on subdirectories.

- Continue with lighttpd but drop .htpasswd auth. Use some lightweight
  framework (py-flask/others?). [Unfortunately that will bloat my htmls
  that are otherwise very simple.]

Mayuresh