Re: mailcap and Microsoft OOXML

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 11:54:07AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Either that or you can get everyone you know to send you .ods instead
> with the right mime-type :-)

Unfortunately, Microsoft outlook has a nasty habit of using octet-stream
for attached files seemingly at random.  At $WORK I can get an email
with a bunch of .png images attached, some will have the correct mime
type and others will be octet-stream, seemingly on a whim.  I can just
imagine the eyeball glaze resulting from ranting at somebody that their
attachments are not the correct mime type ;)

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",