Re: modular-xorg...my latest

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019, Bob Bernstein wrote:
Included is my latest 'make' in modular-xorg.

Thank you for your hard work, Bob. I have been an on-again off-again user of the modular build for years. I started back before Nouveau sorted out a lot of nvida issues because it worked better for me in that era.

If you have time, could you give a quick summary of why someone might consider using modular Xorg over the NetBSD Xorg dist with their release? For me, newer driver support is the big one. Are there other advantages, reasons, or notable options we should be aware of?

Thanks again for your years of hard work, Bob. It's definitely benefited myself and others.

Thanks,
  Swift