build error in /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/modular-xorg

I cd'd into the subdir noted above and entered "bmake." Here is the
bad news from pkgsrc:

--snip---
Package dependency requirement 'randrproto >= 1.6.0' could not be
satisfied.
Package 'randrproto' has version '1.5.0', required version is '>=
1.6.0'

  Alternatively, you may set the environment variables
  XSERVERCFLAGS_CFLAGS
  and XSERVERCFLAGS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
  *** Error code 1

   Stop.
   bmake[2]: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/modular-xorg-server
   *** Error code 1
--snip--

I do not know what to do at this point. If I knew what values to
asign to those two suggested env vars I'd be ok shape, I think.

--
In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of
politics'. All issues are political issues, and

  George Orwell "Politics and the English Language" (1946)