Re: playing with bootxx_ext2fs

On 3/12/19 9:21 AM, pierre-philipp braun wrote:
Please help me understand how installboot is doing its job.  I can try
to take bits from bootxx_ext2fs and push it on the right places onto the
ext2 file-system with dd if/skip of/seek.

I am going out on a limb here, but what installboot does is (1) install bootxx_*fs as PBR (mbr partition boot record), and (2) patch the location (sector offset, presumably?) of /boot into the PBR code.

I would think this is fs agnostic?

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344