Re: Fun with SSD and GPT wedges

On Tue 12 Feb 2019 at 22:25:34 -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
> On Feb 12,  7:03pm, Robert Nestor wrote:
> }
> } Somewhat related, but the man page on GPT in the example on how
> } to set up a BIOS boot indicates that one should newfs dk?, not
> } rdk?.  A number of people have pointed out to me that I should
> } be running newfs on rdk?, NOT dk?.  This was probably the source
>
>      What manpage?  From what version of NetBSD?  I just looked at
> the manpage for gpt(8) on a NetBSD 7.1 system and a NetBSD -current
> system, neither of them said anything about that.

On an 8.0 system:

     xotica# newfs dk0

When I partitioned my new big disk, I just used "newfs NAME=label". That
works fine. I've been using NAME=label as much as possible, to see which
commands don't understand it. So far it was, I think, only umount which
didn't. And "fsck_ffs", but that can be replaced with "fsck -t ffs".

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- "What good is a Ring of Power
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- if you're unable...to Speak." - Agent Elrond