Re: Fun with SSD and GPT wedges

    Date:        Tue, 12 Feb 2019 19:57:42 -0500
    From:        Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>

  | I can see how we got here, but the situation seems wrong from a logical
  | consistency point of view.  If gpt(8) is going to create wedges on
  | adding a new partition, it should delete the wedge corresponding to a
  | partition that it removes.

Logically yes, but I suspect that we wouldn't like the result, just
as we didn't really like it when all gpt did was tell us that we needed
to make the wedge manually in order to access a newly added gpt partition.

Perhaps a better solution would be to have gpt refuse to delete a
partition if there is an existing wedge for it in the kernel?

That would be more in line with how I (at least) would expect things
to work ... logically consistent or not.

kre