Netbsd 8.0

Hello Robert,

  RJF> Hi, guysMaxtor 80 G / clean?
     > Goal : Using a part for netbsd 8.0
     >
     > Unfortunately the install script netbsd 8.0 stop with
     >
     > root: unknown
     > boot:
     >
     > The install program start normally/correctly at the beginning, on/
     > from the CDROM, which so is recognise by the bios ....and with
     > surprise after analyse device etc , STOP to recognise the media at
     > the critic time to begin the INSTALL SCRIPT by itself

    I've had some practice recently with NetBSD/i386 and small disks.  Can
your target platform boot from USB flash?  Which port of NetBSD are you
using?  I ended up writing zeroes to every sector of the target disk and
install medium (in my case USB flash) prior to installation.  It's not
something I normally recommend for USB flash but in my case it seemed to
help.

-Andy Ball