Re: Portable Makefile ideas

> On Feb 10, 2019, at 11:25 PM, Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> Hello, I've been looking into ways of writing portable Makefiles and
> would like to ask for ideas and find out what works for various people.

I have very much liked devel/mk-configure from pkgsrc because it closely follows the idea of the standard NetBSD makefiles and allows making really simple makefiles in many cases.  I have used it on various Unix-like systems with no trouble.  The only issue is getting it installed in the first place, but I always use pkgsrc for everything so that is not a problem in my use case.

Cheers,
Brook