Re: xfce4 startup issue

Interesting that others have seen the mouse and window move problem under xfce.  My system is an amd64 with Intel driver and I’m using X from the base distribution.

I have been building the packages myself and using them for the installation and I always do a clean system install of 8.0_STABLE followed by an install of the packages.  I do this to make sure I’m not inadvertently relying on some left over setup from an earlier installation.  The reason I was doing my own package builds is that the set I wanted to install weren’t all available until very recently for 2018Q4 and current.  The closest matching archive was 2017Q4 so I was building them along with some that would build but weren’t in the 2017Q4 binaries.  But based on what Chavdar reports about being successful using currently built packages from the server, I’m going to add that to my test matrix.

Also interesting that others aren’t having the same problems on similar system setups.  Maybe there’s something in the way the packages are built on my system that’s different from the ones on the server, although as far as I know I don’t have anything that special in my build setup.  I did have problems building seamonkey until I forced it to use python 2.7, and I’ve been building wxGTK with gtk2 instead of gtk3 so I could get code blocks to build.  I’ll run a few more tests to document what works and what doesn’t with my currently built set of packages and then go back and rebuild all of them using the default wxGTK setup as that might be where the problem I’m seeing is coming from.

In my setup I start xfce from xdm, but my .xsession script just issues a startxfce4 so I don’t think my problem is related to how xfce gets started.