Update build rebuilds all of Kerberos every time?

Watching the output fly by (mostly) on my build hosts, it appears that
'./build.sh -u ...' rebuilds all of kerberos anyway, even if the most
recent source update seems not to have touched anything in kerberos or
anything it might depend on.  It does this even if one does an update
build following a non-update build with no CVS update in between.

I first noticed this behavior quite a while ago but only now thought to
mention it.  It was particularly noticable in my first update build
following a non-update build after the switch to GCC7 in -current, but
I've seen this in netbsd-8 and netbsd-7 as well (IIRC).

Has anyone else seen this?

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD