Re: Ethernet auto-select and concurrent 10, 100 and 1000 connections

On 04/02/2019 21:45, Sad Clouds wrote:
I've tried those options before, but performance gain was marginal
compared to gigabit ethernet speeds, i.e. it went up from 13 MiB/sec to
around 17 MiB/sec. But I guess 30% gain is better than nothing.

I think Sun Ultra10 has 32-bit 33 MHz PCI bus, so in theory it has
bandwidth for 133 MiB/sec. Not sure why there is such high CPU usage
on this system when copying data via the network card. OK it's a very
old system, but I was expecting less overhead.

Knowing intel there will be some bit of register or descriptor that works great if you are on a cache coherent setup like i386 or amd64 but performs less well on the sparc architecture. I have one PCI wm interface but that's attached to a 2GHz chip quad core amd64 system so is a lot faster than your ultra10.

Had a quick look at the code and couldn't see anything particularly odd in the driver code.

Mike