Re: libstdc++.so.7 is missing

On Sat, 2019-01-19 at 17:58 -0500, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
> On Sat, 2019-01-19 at 23:43 +0100, Pedro Pinho wrote:
> > Back at home!
> > I've just erased my disk using gpsrted-live usb and made a fresh
> > install from the image here,
> > http://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-8/201901151910Z/images/
> >
> > NetBSD 8.0 STABLE arch amd64
> >
> > Pointed pkgin to
> > http://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/8.0/All/
> >
> > and pulled my binary packages. Launching midori from xterm outputs
> > libstdc++.so.7 is missing. Tried symlinking libsrdc++.so.8 to
> > libstdc++.so.7 to no avail. Can't launch midori.
> > It would be ok with firefox but, as mentioned already, firefox is
> > not
> > there!!
> >
> > Any suggestions?!
>
> Please post the output of ldd against the midori binary.
>
> Dave

To clarify, you'll presumably get "-lstdc++.7 => not found", which
isn't too helpful of itself. I wanted to see in totality what it links
against on your system, and if there is anything else missing it needs.
It would be more helpful, actually, to see what the @blddep and @pkgdep
entries in its pkgdb +CONTENTS file are.

Dave