Re: Links crashed when open a https site?

Hi Martin,

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. jan.
13., V, 13:53):

> On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:56:23PM +0100, Csányi Pál wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running NetBSD 8.0 version.
> >
> > I just installed links and want to open
> > https://duckduckgo.com
> >
> > but links crached with this message:
> > Illegal instruction (core dump).
>
> Tell us a bit about your hardware, please, e.g. show the output of
>
>         cpuctl identfiy 0

cpu0: highest basic info 00000001
cpu0: highest extended info 80000005
cpu0: "AMD-K6(tm) D processor"
cpu0: AMD-K6-2 (586-class), 333.30 MHz
cpu0: family 0x5 model 0x8 stepping 0xc (id 0x58c)
cpu0: features 0x8021bf<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,MCE,CX8,PGE,MMX>
cpu0: I-cache 32KB 32B/line 2-way, D-cache 32KB 2B/line 2-way
cpu0: ITLB 64 4KB entries direct-mapped
cpu0: DTLB 128 4KB entries 2-way
cpu0: initial APIC ID 0

> If you check the directory where you did run links, you should see a links.core
> file around. You can analyze that with something like:
>
>         gdb links links.core
>         x/i $pc
>
> and show us the last few lines when gdb loaded the core plus the output of
> the x/i command.

The last few lines when gdb loaded the core are these:
Core was generated by 'links'.
Program terminated with signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
#0  0xb2ed7d50 in gcm_ghash_bit_mmx () from /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.12

(gdb) x/i $pc
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

> Martin

I changed the shell for root like this:
# usermod -s /bin/ksh root

and now when I login with root ( not with su ) I have command/filename
completition.
But if I do su from my bash shell, and get root, the command
completition does not work. Why?