Re: How to set up PS/2 mouse?

> How can I set up this mouse here, on the NetBSD system?

Your kernel has presumably / hopefully probed your ps/2 connected
mouse already.  You can probably find an instance of "pms" in
/var/run/dmesg.boot.

On NetBSD, we have an "overlay" which covers both PS/2 and USB mice
(among others), namely wsmouse.  See e.g. the pms(4) and wsmouse(4)
man pages.

This means that e.g. the X server only needs to relate to wsmouse, and
not know exactly what underlying driver is used to drive the mouse.

Regards,

- Håvard