Re: nfs error diskless

    Date:        Tue, 13 Nov 2018 22:35:44 +0300
    From:        Dima Veselov <kab00m%lich.phys.spbu.ru@localhost>

I think that Michael van Elst has found a real solution for you, but:

  | However this should not work this way because I beleive DHCP lease
  | obtained by kernel will be not renewed without dhcpcd and VM will
  | die in a day.

As long as your DHCP server does not hand out the address to some
other node, then, no, it would all be OK.

The kernel doesn't really use DHCP to obtain an address, it used BOOTP
(the prehistoric protocol, upon which v4 DHCP is constructed).

BOOTP has no leases, anything assigned is assigned forever (also no
way for the client to release the assignment).   That is, it is just a network
protocol that does more or less what /etc/hosts does (plus a little more.)

kre