Re: suspend-to-RAM intel-x86 issues and tests

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 02:46, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> wrote:

> I don't have a setup to build there, I am trying RelEng kernels.
> I could use those to bisect - but I have worse news. Even NetBSD 8
> release is actually unreliable. So it did work, but I tried again and
> got a black screen... so it is not a repeatable reference.
> Darn :) Would have made things easier.

If you have any kind of box (even Windows or Mac) that you could use
for testing builds it is likely to be very helpful.

> As you say - it might make sense to work on the ThinkPad which spits out
> at least a trace, the invalid TSS.
>
> Any further ideas?
>
> If somebody has a specific clue for a driver to disable on any of these
> three test systems, just tell me!

As a random test idea on the Thinkpad - maybe go into the BIOS and try
disabling as much hardware there as possible to see if that helps the
suspend/resume. It probably wont affect anything, but should be easy
to test and if it does then it gives some useful information.

David