Re: BSD disklabel partition letters in NetBSD

> Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 4:41 AM
> From: "Jason Mitchell" <jmitchel%bigjar.com@localhost>
> To: "Michael van Elst" <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost>
> Cc: netbsd-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
> Subject: Re: BSD disklabel partition letters in NetBSD

[...]

> I don’t think this is possible. At least I remember reading here that
> FreeBSD’s disklabel is in a different place then the NetBSD’s disklabel
> and that NetBSD would unintentionally overwrite FreeBSD’s disklabel. (This
> seems to imply that the FreeBSD disklabel is not in the FreeBSD MBR
> partition, but I’m not sure about that).

Ok, this is absolutely possible and thank for remembering this probable
issue. I put this however only as an example: the real question was not
about compatibility, but about the... cohabitation of two bootable systems
that share the same BSD disklabel structure. Is this possible?

More details in this reply just posted:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2018/10/04/msg021517.html

Bye,

Rocky