Re: Simple way to securely access remote machine that's behind a NAT?

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 8:49 AM David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:
> I added UDP encapsulation to gre(4) in NetBSD specifically to pierce NAT
> firewalls, however, I don't know if Linux also has a UDP encapsulation
> for GRE.

That's pretty cool. I will try it at some point. That plus a private
IP address on both sides would solve this pretty cleanly.

This is off topic, but it was alluded to earlier:

I think it's possible for a router to forward an IP protocol inward
via NAT, such as GRE? Or am I mistaken?

Andy