Re: pkgin repo change

On 9/18/2018 4:37 AM, Pedro Pinho wrote:
This morning trying to update/upgrade my system I got the following,
|~$ sudo pkgin update Password: processing remote summary (http://ftp.fr.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/8.0 pkgin: Could not fetch http://ftp.fr.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/8.0/All| Looking closer at the problem, I found that the repo has changed yesterday at 06:25, and the correct URL should now be http://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/8.0_2018Q2/All/

This is not an issue, as I only had to edit /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf on my system and everything is good again. I'm new to NetBSD and I'm wondering where/if such changes are usually not announced.

That sounds to me like a "8.0" symlink was lost.  We have symlinks for various other releases, and 8.0 symlinks for other architectures, so I'm guessing this is just a mistake. I'm cc'ing the pkgsrc releng team, who can probably do something to fix this.

Eric