Re: Why is TERM=vt100 on the console?

On 2018-09-14 22:07, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:08:29AM +0000, Valery Ushakov wrote:
maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:

Every time we have this discussion someone ends up saying that yes,
everything being terrible and not supporting anything modern is a
great default. they like it that way.

/etc/ttys uses wsvt25 on all ttyE* for a long long time.  It only uses
vt100 for console, which may be a serial console, so vt100 is a safe
default there.  If you know you don't use serial console you can edit
1 (one) line in ttys.  Do you really think this is "terrible"?

etc.sparc64/ttys:console	"/usr/libexec/getty suncons"	wsvt25 on secure

Why is sparc{,64} exempt from having shitty defaults? because people who
use it don't have to ask netbsd-users if they happen to use sufficiently
shitty hardware to justify shitty defaults?

x86 hardware doesn't even have console 99% of the time!
sysinst isn't a solution because sysinst barely supports amd64.

If you don't even have a console, why are you complaining?

And the wording you use make me feel that you are person to is easy to dislike. Why are you trying to abuse people and act a jerk?

  Johnny