Re: Why is TERM=vt100 on the console?

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 08:30:48AM +0000, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
> Every time we have this discussion someone ends up saying that yes,
> everything being terrible and not supporting anything modern is a great
> default. they like it that way.

I tried to fix it in 2012 (for PR 10127).
Maybe at that time I did not try hard enough, but I will test and fix it
now.

Note that we get it right in our install media, by testing the console
actually in use against /dev/ttyE*. I thought this would propagate
into the installed system, but if not, I'll make it so.

Martin