Re: Recommended desktop environment?

On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 07:38:17AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 3:09 AM Wean Irdeh <wean.irdeh%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all mailing list members! What is your recommended desktop environment for NetBSD?
>
> This should be fun.

Not as fun as I had hoped! It has been a while since the last round, and I
wondered, given an ideal world with infinite developer time and full
documentation, with just an eye on correctness, what current views were on:

* wayland vs X: what would The Right compositor look like?

* What would the notion of a "seat" in a

    https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/multiseat/

  sense look like in NetBSD?

* ioctl vs sysctl:
  GTK4 -> Vulkan(!) -> Mesa 18.1 -> kern/51786 how to pass info to drm

Cheers,

Patrick