Re: combining /var/mail files

Izaac wrote in <20180824T144830Z@localhost>:
 |On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 01:43:58AM +0200, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |> Yes.  This may of course an empty line to a message which did not
 |> have one, but it is unlikely anyone would really care for that.
 |
 |Indeed.  And a particularly pedantic mail client may bark about
 |by removing that extra newline character.

That is true, it still holds that "I'm not saying that the BSD
Mailbox format is good. Just that the Content-Length variant of
that format is worse."[1]

  [1] https://www.jwz.org/doc/content-length.html

 |But given the choice between potentially "losing" one piece of mail or
 |potentially having another issue a warning, I'd throw down the printf.

Unfortunately my MUA still mangles the "From " lines instead of
performing a full MIME reencode, so i would follow you here :).

--steffen