Re: Portable curses

Have you submitted a PR with that patch?

The usage of ncurses in pkgsrc is not always straightforward, sometimes IMHO it is used as the least path of resistance but sometimes there are good reasons (though, possibly reasons that are easily fixed...) to use ncurses but a lot of the time things will Just Work(tm) with the native curses.

Once upon a time I did go through a bunch of pkgsrc and remove ncurses and see what happened.  Unfortunately (or perhaps, fortunately) $REAL_LIFE intrudes on my hack time far more than it used to.