Re: NetBSD disk I/O

A literal pile of 2.5-inch SATA disks, you say?

If they were pulls from a hardware RAID box or some such, the disks'
firmware may disable write caches by default.  I have a couple of Seagate
OEM HP disks that came out of a RAID system and their performance (both
read and write) was dismal until I enabled the caches with

  $ dkctl /dev/rwdNd setcache rw

Since the cache state is not savable on the drives I have, I put this
in my "/etc/rc.local" to run on the affected disks at each boot.