NetBSD reboots if hdmi monitor is switched off

On NetBSD asusnetbsd 8.0_RC1 NetBSD 8.0_RC1 (GENERIC.201804191727Z) amd64

If I switch off hdmi monitor by pressing power button on the monitor, I
find that netbsd reboots.

There are files saved in /var/crash. I saw the instructions at
https://wiki.netbsd.org/panic/. But I do not have a debug mode kernel
(/netbsd.gdb as mentioned on above page).

I can build one, but in the meantime is there any information I can share
that will help analyze this?

PS: Sorry, I am still on RC1, in case the problem is fixed in the main
release. There is some inertia involved in upgrading.

Mayuresh