Re: Booting netbsd-8 fails

Thanks for your very kind responses,

* Martin Husemann (martin%duskware.de@localhost) wrote:
>> But where shall I extract these modules?
>> You said /, but aren't module sets in /stand/ARCH/X.Y/modules/?
>
> Yes, just extract it in / too - the modules in there have the proper path
> and will extract to stand/...
Noted and thanks.
But I really want to fix it from source.
That is one of all the reasons I love NetBSD.

* edgar%pettijohn-web.com@localhost (edgar%pettijohn-web.com@localhost) wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I've had the same happen before and it was because I had forgotten to build new modules also. Might be worth a try to just not load the npf modules. If it boots that's it.
Thanks for shining light. :-)
I have resurrected it from crash.
I boot from dvd and mount /dev/wd0a then edit /boot.cfg .
Then I remove these three lines.

load=npf
load=npf_ext_log
load=npf_ext_normalize

That's it. It boots.

But how can I re-enable NPF in NetBSD 8?

Thank you,

--
Gua Chung Lim

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system,
but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie